Application / System Administrator Details
The Application/System Administrator will be responsible for providing management and engineering of a business system for our customers. The successful candidate will have been responsible for architectural design, implementation and maintenance of applications on Windows platforms. Position serves as the senior technical referent for the entire system and is responsible for directing and monitoring the operational and strategic planning for the current and future mission needs. Positions work collaboratively with senior management to develop and implement long-range plans, assess project and program feasibility, perform cost versus benefit analysis, prioritize projects and initiatives, and make major architectural design decisions. Duties include defining and reviewing application/systems designs to assess risk, trade-offs and alternative solutions; maintaining and monitoring the operational health/status, performance and availability of the application and platform; planning and implementing patches, fixes and upgrades on a regular basis; maintaining all documentation supporting architecture, design, process and procedures; participating, and presenting to, engineering and review boards as necessary.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related field
- 4+ years of experience as a Windows Administrator
- 2+ years of experience with 2 or more of the following: PowerShell, Perl, PHP, VBScript or Jscript
- 2+ years of experience with backup and archival software products; IBM TSM, VERITAS NetBackup, HP BURA, EMC Data Protection Suite
- This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance with poly
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of backup, archival and restoration policies and procedures
- Ability to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Working knowledge of ITSM principles and processes for providing services in an IT support organization
- Working knowledge of security best practices, policy and standards
- Strong oral and written communications skills; able to define and present material to audiences.
Or download the pdf application and email to email@example.com